There's two parts to this blog.
First up, our new audio project Altered State had our first recording session this past Saturday afternoon. Here's some behind the scenes pics.
Our cat Twink supervised the sessions and she really had issues with my Zoom recorder placement! I had wanted to put one on the stairs (its a great spot of capturing the sound of the basement and I have used that spot on prior recordings) but she kept batting at the Zoom so I moved it to another spot and she didn't like that either. Finally I put it in the laundry room and she seemed ok with that spot. She had no issues with any of the other Zoom spots.
The mighty Tim Mungenast is part of the band. There's his Gibson guitar and banjo/uke. Both sounded fab. Thanks Tim!
I used the Sonic Springboard on the first jam and some jams later on. I ran it through the Ghost Rain pedal. The Ghost Rain pedal is very inexpensive and very awesome!Mesa Boogie!!!!!!!! Tim's heavy amp sounded heavy and groovy which is how Tim's guitaring always sounds!
My rig as things got crazier. I had a couple of tape recorders running through fx pedals.
Some of the pedals for our mysterious bass player!
DNA Girl's set up! Electric mandolin, drums, pedals, and more!
The bass belonging to our talented and awesome bass player!
So the band line up is:
Tim Mungenast, DNA Girl, Count Robot, and our mystery bass player.
We recorded for about 4 hours. All guided improv. All bliss.
Our wonderful and creative bassist is going to mix the album.
We're already discussing our next session!
I am happy and humbled to be playing with such great musicians!
Ok so what is the 73 all about in the title of the blog?
Well, I am on 73 albums/EPs!!! I recently did the math on it. Realistically I'm on even more but I'm going to have the count as 73 for now. My personal goal is to get to at least 100 before I drop. I think it can happen.
It's good to have goals.
Yours in new music creation,
Count Robot.
No comments:
Post a Comment