Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Top Ten FB Album Challenge Part 4


            Day 4.
            Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians: Globe of Frogs
            A time cube of psychedelic thoughts sprawling into songs. Songs that could have been written in 1960-1970-1980-1992 but recorded in the 80-90-00 time frame. That’s what this record is to me.
            This was the album that was predicted by many to help make Robyn huge, but much to the detriment of the music world it didn’t. An opening to a musical world that should be so much better than it’s present status. If he had been taken closer to mainstream it would open up more and more, but alas…
            “It rained, like a slow divorce and I wish I could ride a horse.” –Balloon Man. What a childish genius lyrical line! Robyn did some fantastic writing on this album.
            Robyn paints the world in words as strange as our reality.
            This album always makes me smile inside. This was the first Robyn Hitchcock album I heard. That is one reason why it sticks to me so strongly.

            Here’s Beatle Dennis
                         
           
Yours in Beatle Dennis,
Count Robot

No comments:

Post a Comment